Thursday, December 6, 2012

New Shoes and Clearing My Mind

My mom got me an early Christmas present this week. I knew I had to get a new pair of shoes before Princess and I wanted to have time to break them in. When I went into Hanson's and tried on a few pairs of shoes. Nothing felt quite "right" so after talking to the sales guy, I decided to just get another pair of the Mizuno Wave Rider 15's I already had. Problem was that they did not have my size in the store so they had to get them from one of the other locations. When I went to get them I was pleasantly surprised that they were PINK!! It seems they had a 15th anniversary special edition and so these were a different color in the same shoes!

I took them out for a spin on Tuesday for my short run. I did about 2.5 miles and I again had some tightness in my RIGHT achilles. It is the exact same thing that was happening when I started running. Based on this, I am pretty sure it has to do with the new shoes. I did another almost 3 miles tonight and they felt pretty good. I have my long run this weekend and so I will go back to my old shoes. My plan is to have them completely broken in before Princess so I can wear them since they are SO CUTE!

The new ones!!
Training is ramping up and so is the weather. Trying to get my week day runs in is a challenge at times since Jeff sometimes is not home until after 5pm and it is already dark. Tuesday my mom was great and came over and stayed with the kids so I could get back before dark. Today Jeff was already home and working on the cameras so I was able to get out again before dark. It was nice to be able to clear my head and have some time for me. I really wish though that I could leave it all out there. While I feel great during my runs and right after it seems to come back and hit me hard as the night goes on. I don't really have that ongoing calm that people mention.

The Originals


No comments:

Post a Comment