Saturday, July 14, 2012

There is no turning back now--I am registered

Tuesday, July 10th was registration day. I knew I was not going to be able to get online exactly at noon when it opened since we had a watermark day scheduled, but I did know I wanted to do it the first day it opened.

When I got home I had a lot to do so I planned to do it after the kids went to bed. I have to say, going online and registering was harder than I thought it would be. First, I had to make some decisions before I went through the process. Number 1 was what Princess was I going to be. I had been thinking and I had decided on Snow White since with my hair I thought it would be easier to plan for. Next I had to decide what to do about the Race Retreat for myself and also the chEAR package for Jeff.

The Race Retreat opens at 3am the morning of the race and they have a light breakfast before it starts. Also it is temperature controlled, has private bag check and also bathrooms and a stretching area. Since I know I am going to be traveling from the resort to the race alone, I figured having a "place" would be good. After the race you get breakfast, a cocktail and it is a place to meet your people.

For Jeff the chEAR package will get him access to the grandstands and roped off viewing areas at the Magic Kingdom and at the finish. It also gets him access to the Race Retreat from the time the race starts until 10:30am so we can meet there, have breakfast and then leave together. The viewing areas are not super important. We are hoping to get into Bay Lake Tower next week when we can book. If we can do that, Jeff can come down from the room and see me before I enter the Magic Kingdom. Then he can take the monorail over to Epcot and see/meet me at the finish.

I decided that despite the extra cost, both were worth it. I am so excited. Only another 222 days until the race!

No comments:

Post a Comment