Thursday, October 25, 2012

Even the bad days are good now

Today was one of those run days that just stink. I felt good heading out. It was a crazy weather day here that seems to happen every fall. It was about 75 when I headed out at 4:30pm. It was windy and leaves are everywhere. I figured since I felt good and it was nice out I would get in a good 45 minute run. I decided to switch things up and decided to do a distance interval tonight. I was planning on 0.5 miles/0.25. I don't know what made me pick those but it sounded good. The beginning was awesome and I had a great pace. My path led me into the nature center and it went down hill from there.

Once in I decided to do my usual run backwards to switch it up. Mistake 2 in this whole thing. I was just turned around and it was weird (I am a creature of habit). The other issue was I could not get into a rhythm. Either I went off too fast or I was having issues from all the dried leaves but I was miserable. It was like I was running through water even though my pace was OK. I just felt wrong the whole time.

In the end I did 32 minutes and the last 22 SUCKED but at the end I still was glad I did it. I have my eye on the prize and I really want to do this for myself. I know there will be good days and there will be bad ones. I guess I am just glad my bad one is out of the way for this week at least.

Five miles coming up this weekend and I honestly can't wait!!

No comments:

Post a Comment