Sunday, February 10, 2013

Just Two More Weeks

I am having a really hard time wrapping my mind around the fact the in two weeks, the race will be over and I will be celebrating the event with Jeff. Looking back April seems so long ago. This started as something small and it has really grown. I just cannot tell you how happy I am.

Today was a hard final long run. It had snowed on Friday morning and yesterday it was really sunny so things started to melt. I thought that most of the sidewalks seems clear enough and I just did not want to be inside for another long run. Turns out this was a huge mistake. I was good until 7 miles. I was coming home to get more water from outside and it was just ice right and left. I was slipping and sliding and I was getting so frustrated. I came inside at 8.3 miles and I was just beyond annoyed with myself. I knew I would not be happy with myself so after about 10 minutes of being mad, I decided to head back out and go to Simonds to run around the school/parking lot since I knew it would be ice free. Well, two things happened. First, NO ONE had even touched their sidewalks over on that side of the sub. It was horrible. And from coming inside from the cold and sitting, I was totally locking up and uncomfortable. After 1 miles I just decided to call it a day. I did not want to risk getting hurt, it just was not worth it!

I used SpiderTech X again on my left knee and I had NO ISSUES with that one. Downside is I had pain in the other one up a little higher. I honestly think this was from the unsure footing and sliding I did. I just could not get into a rhythm and it killed my run.

I know I can go the distance, I just want to do it with as little discomfort as possible!! I will be taping and doing what I can. I found out this week that I get to start in Corral A which I honestly think is a mistake, my 10K time should have got me into B but A is a stretch. I am going to start in there in the back and off to the side. I know I can do but I am know I cannot keep up with the front group so I am not even going to try.

What a journey and to be honest, it has only just begun!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment