Sunday, February 3, 2013

Looking ahead (way ahead)

This little picture says it all for right now. Three weeks from today I will be nearing the end of my first half marathon if things go as planned. Since things don't always go as planned, I can't be sure but I really do hope!!

Planning is almost done. My costume is set and I am actually really excited for it. It is comfy and I have no worries about it for the race. I also have a good idea of what I need to pack for the rest of the trip though I am waiting a little bit to see how the weather is going to be done there.

I think the hardest part is that Jeff doesn't really want to discuss the plans he has for the weekend. At this point I have no idea if he is going to go to the expo with me or to Hollywood studios. I don't know if he is going to try and see me on the course or at the finish line or just meet me in the Race Retreat tent (he can watch a live feed from the finish line from in there). I guess that we have a whole plane ride to figure it out, I just don't know what he wants to do.

Now, the last few weeks have been full of looking into the rest of 2013. I have decided that this is going to be the year of the races. I know I need something to keep me going and honestly I love the running/racing thing, though right now with the cold, snow and ice, I am NOT loving the training in Michigan during the winter. So, what is on the books? Well, quite a bit.

April 13th I am running the Martian Half Marathon in Dearborn. I am actually going to do this one with a Princess I met through the group. We did the Turkey Trot together so I know we will have fun!

June 2nd we are all traveling to Niagara Falls for the Niagara Falls Women's Half Marathon. Someone from PbRc mentioned it and I checked it out and I was SOLD. The course takes you by the falls twice which sounds so cool. Also, it is women centered and since I cannot got the Nike Women's Half in DC this year I think this is a nice option.

August 30th and September 1st is the Dumbo Double Dare at Disneyland. This is going to be the weekend of BLING that is for sure. First I will get one for the 10K which sounds like it will be Alice in Wonderland themed. On Sunday I will get a medal for the Disneyland Half (not my favorite Disney medal but it is still cool). Then I will also get a special medal for completing the Double Dare which is Dumbo themed and finally once I have completed the half there I will earn my Coast 2 Coast medal for completing a race at each park in the same year!!!

That brings me to October 20th which is the Detroit Marathon. I am still unsure if I will keep my Marathon registration or if I will drop down to the half but either way I am SO EXCITED.

I am not sure if I will add more in from there or even what 2014 will bring but I have a plan and I am excited. Now just wish I could get out and run today!!

No comments:

Post a Comment