Thursday, February 28, 2013

Princess Half Marathon Weekend--Part 1

Jeff and I had planned to leave Friday night to head down to Disney. This made it so I only had to miss one day of work and Jeff could do what he needed to do on Friday. Throughout the week I was getting a little worried since there was a huge snow storm just to the west of us. Many flights from the Chicago area where cancelled and while I did not think it would impact us directly, you never know.

One thing that kept me going and excited all week was the poster in my classroom! When I had come into work on Wednesday I had found this outside my classroom:

Kara and Michael had come in over the break and set this up! It was so fun to see and every time I looked at it, it made me happy! I did end up moving it into my classroom on my white board because I was afraid something would happen to it.

















After a stop to say goodbye to the kids, we made a final stop at Hanson's Running Shop to get Jeff a new pair of shoes. He wanted something good for walking and the weekend and that was the best place that I could think of. In the back of my mind I will admit I was hoping he would consider taking up running but I honestly know that will never happen.

We got to the airport and through security super quick. We boarded on time but sat on the runway for almost 45 minutes getting deiced and waiting to take off. This meant we landing in Orlando a little late so it was close to 9pm before we got onto the Magical Express. After a quick stop at Port Orleans Riverside, Boardwalk and the Yacht Club, we arrived at the Beach Club!! We got lucky in that since I had done online check in the greeter was able to get us our keys. The other people on our bus had to wait to check in and when we left the lobby there were still 5 families from the bus waiting to check in. Now I know that some people do not like online checkin but this is my 3rd time using it and I am completely thrilled!!

We got to the room and it was HUGE! We had decided to do a 1-bedroom villa for the first 2 nights so that we had different sleeping areas since we knew Saturday night Jeff would be up late and I would have to be up super early on Sunday. This let us not disturb each other.

Originally we had hoped to get in with enough time to go over to Epcot since it was Extra Magic Hours until 11pm. We were both so hungry and we did not have our tickets activated yet so we decided to eat at the resort. We went over to the Yacht Club and at the Crews Lounge. It was really good. I had a HUGE salad and then Jeff and I split the Club Sandwich and Cheeseburger.

We had a big day the next day so we went to bed early.

Here is our room:

Here is the kitchen, since we were in a 1-bedroom we had a full kitchen with a stove, dishwasher and full sized fridge. We only used the fridge but it was so nice.

In front of the sink was a bar with three tall chairs and a counter.




This is the living room area. The couch pulled out to a queen bed and the bench seating around the table was so nice. It was a good place to use the computer or just sit and talk.

There was also a TV and another chair across from the coach. The balcony was also that way and we looked out over the quiet pool into the inner courtyard. It was so peaceful

This was my absolute favorite part of the room! It was the biggest most awesome tub. It was so big and perfect to relax before the race and then to soak afterward.





The shower and another sink were in the next room with a door separating them. Then the toilet was in another separate area!

I didn't get pictures of it but there was also a full sized washer and dryer in the closet and off another area with storage for the high chair, pack and play and vacuum cleaner.



The master bedroom had a King bed, a little writing desk, a TV, a bench to sit on, a chair and there was an iPod dock on the clock! There was also another entrance to the balcony from the Master Bedroom. I just cannot believe how much room there was in this room. I really didn't know how big it was going to be. I do know that after this trip, I don't see how we can stay in a studio when we have the kids with us.

This trip just reinforced how great of a decision it was to buy into DVC! Hearing "Welcome Home" and feeling home was great.

Tomorrow it is off to the Fit for a Princess Expo to kick off the Princess weekend of fun!!


No comments:

Post a Comment