Thursday, April 11, 2013

2 Days and Counting

Well, this race is not like Disney in a lot of ways but most importantly is the WEATHER. About 8 days ago the weather was showing that it would be sunny and about 54 as a high. As the last week has gone on, the weather predictions have gotten worse and worse.

Right now here is what it is showing:

So, Princess was HOT and humid and now Martian is going to be cold and windy. I think I am going for running extremes this year or something. I am not completely sure.

My last long run was so beautiful and I was really hoping for a great day to run this weekend.

To add to this, my mom and Abby are coming out with me and I feel horrible. It is going to be a long day and it is going to be cold. I want them there but I do not want them to be miserable. I feel bad and it hasn't even happen.

To add to this, it has been raining this week. Unfortunately the half and full courses run along a local flood area. In 15 years, flooding has not been an issue for the race, but this year it might be. Here is the latest update from the race officials:


As of tonight, the half course is still OK but with more rain tonight, no one can be sure. We should know more tomorrow.

Finally, I have not run as much as I should have. I know I am not trained well and I am not at myself. It has been cold and my foot has been bothering me so I was focusing on rest and not making it worse. I did go for a massage last night and it really relieved a lot of the tension so I feel better but that does not mean I have run enough miles.

Overall, I have my goals set for this weekend but I am still not sure where I will end up race morning.

A Goal---Sub 2:30
B Goal---Sub 2:45
C Goal---Sub 2:52 (PHM time) and to have fun with Jennifer on the course

I hope the alien invasion is good for all of us. Wish me luck and warp speed!

No comments:

Post a Comment